This comprehensive photography workshop is great for budding photographers, content creators, small brand owners with no budget for photography and visual artists who want to develop the skills and confidence to consistently create quality images and book clients.
Have you been to a workshop or masterclass where all you do is take notes and watch the tutor demonstrate? This will be nothing like that! This creative and educational workshop is very practical and hands on. By the end of the day, you’ll be able to walk out with the skills, experience, professional images and inspiration to work on your next project.
This workshop is a small class with 4 spaces only in order to individually tutor everyone. You’re advised to book early.
|Date||Saturday 17 August|
Saturday 31 August
|Time||10 – 6pm|
|Location||London (venue TBC). The venue will be close to an area with beautiful backdrops good for outdoor photography so that you can practice all you’ll learn. Think places like Notting hill, Barbican Centre, Shoreditch, South Kensington, Holland park, etc.|
What you’ll learn in this workshop is all you’ll need to improve your skills and gain the experience you need to work with clients from different backgrounds.
The workshop will be in three sessions:
- Camera settings for various scenarious and lighting situations
- Photography techniques, depth of field and key functions
- Composing an image and when to break the rules
- Developing a concept and creating a mood board (I’ll show you some of my mood boards)
- Collaborating with other creatives
- Cold emailing designers for a collaboration (I’ll show you my exact emails)
- Building a portfolio
- Developing your photography style
- Social media marketing
- Deciding your photography rates
Outdoor Photo Shoot Session
We’ll go outside to a beautiful location where you’ll practice all you’ve learned with a professional model. This session will take 1-2 hours to allow everyone the opportunity to shoot with the model.
- Directing and posing models
- Outdoor photoshoot with a professional model (If the weather is extremely bad on the day, we’ll shoot in doors and you can practice this natural lighting situation)
Afterwards, we’ll break for a delicious hot lunch before heading back to our venue for the third part of the workshop.
- Contracts and release forms (I’ll show you my actual documents)
- Copyrights and responsibilities
- Editing with Adobe Lightroom (you’ll be given the time to edit your images from the photo shoot session and I’ll help you individually with critique and feedback)
- Important Adobe Lightroom shortcuts and workflow
- Creating your own presets
- BONUS: Basic tips on editing with Photoshop
- Questions & any other specific things you’ll like to learn
After the workshop, I’ll still be available until the end of the month to answer any questions you might have as you continue to practice and develop your skills.
Have I missed something you’d like to learn? After booking your space, I’ll send a questionnaire to understand your needs and what you’ll really like to learn at the workshop so everyone goes home learning something new.
|Price||£159||For this price, you’ll learn the techniques and tools needed to succeed as a professional photographer, take home with you professional images to use on social media or in your portfolio, get to see my mood board and email templates, enjoy a hot lunch, drinks and access to ask me questions up to two weeks after.|
|What you’ll need||Camera and memory card|
Laptop with Adobe Lightroom installed
Laptop charger and camera batteries
About The Tutor
I’m a multidisciplinary artist focusing on the medium of photography and text to tell nuanced stories about subjects and places I find unique and enthralling. I’m interested in portraiture, conceptual and boudoir photography.
In the short period of time (a little over a year) I’ve taken up professional photography, my work has been published in several online and print magazines such as Gal Dem, Positive News, Falstaff, O Globo and my first exhibition was a solo exhibition at the Athens and Epidaurus Festival which took place from 16 – 23 June, 2019. You can read my full bio and check out more of my photography work
Terms and Conditions
- You’re responsible for your equipment and belongings during the workshop. Elizabeth Okoh or any member of her team will not be liable for any damage or loss of property.
- You are responsible for ensuring all the necessary equipment and materials needed for the workshop are with you for the workshop. The workshop will not be delayed or postponed if you forget to bring any materials.
- You’re responsible for arriving on time. The workshop will not be delayed or postponed if you run late. However, I will wait about 15 minutes before starting to make sure everyone has had the time to arrive.
- Cancellation Policy: No more refunds at this point since the workshop is very soon!
Ready for a creative and fun experience while developing your photography skills?