I’m back again with another healthy recipe to marvel your taste buds and help you stay eating healthily.
Who said a healthy lifestyle can’t include pizza?
Just because you’re eating clean or healthily doesn’t mean you should shy away from indulgent foods like pizza.
I had some left over whole wheat wraps from earlier this week and decided to make my own version of healthy pizza.
Let’s get straight to it!
2 whole meal wraps
3 small sized tomatoes (I work with what I have, but you can use 2 medium sized instead)
1 small onion
1 clove of garlic
1/2 tsp coconut oil (or any healthier oil than vegetable oil)
grated light cheese
1 hand full of Wild Rocket(or spinach)
1 cup King prawns (or as much as you like)
seasoning: 1/8 tsp dried thyme, 1/2 tsp curry powder, 1 cube of Maggi seasoning, 1/2 tsp sugar, pinch of salt, 1 tsp ground red pepper (or as little/much you’ll like it to be spicy).
- In a non-stick frying pan, add the coconut oil and heat.
- Grate the tomatoes and garlic into a paste, and chop the onion into half circles.
- When the oil is heated, stir in the chopped onions and tomatoes and garlic paste.
- Add all the seasoning and stir the mixture.
- After about 5 minutes, add the prawns and stir
- After another 5-7 minutes, turn of the heat and set aside.
- In a pre heated oven of 170 degrees(to save time, start preheating oven while stir frying tomato and prawn mix for 12 mins), put foil on oven tray and place 1 wrap on it.
- Spread the tomato and prawn mix evenly, all over the wrap.
- Then add the Water Cress(or vegetable of choice)
- Lastly, sprinkle as much cheese as you’ll like and cover with another wrap.
- Bake in the oven for 10 mins.