A while ago, I posted my healthy breakfast ideas here and now i’m back with healthy dinner ideas as promised!
Like I said in the previous post, healthy eating doesn’t equate to boring or tasteless. It all depends on your taste palate to be honest, so get creative and try something new today!
For instance, years ago, I hated broccoli. Even the smell of it while it steamed repulsed me; but today, I’m all about my broccoli.
It’s the psychology of things that get to us mostly I’ve found. If we can only set our presumed perceptions or ‘ideas’ aside for a moment, we’ll find that somethings aren’t as bad as we think. It was this way for me anyway.
Enough ‘talk’. I know you want to feast your eyes on the healthy meals I’ve been banging on about.
Ok, here we go!
1. Stir fry vegetables in rice paper and grilled fish
2. Vegetable stew (tomato base) and chicken which can be eaten with rice, yam or eba (garri)
3. Couscous (made with peppers & prawns) and grilled fish
4. Beans (cooked from scratch with vegetables) and sweet potato
5. Grilled plantain and omelette (made with peppers & onions)
6. Couscous (added butter- not so healthy but I like to indulge every now and again) and grilled chicken
7. Noodles and stir fry sauce (peppers,prawns & vegetarian chicken)
8. Ogbono soup (made from ogbono seeds) and eba(garri- made from ground cassava)
9. Quinoa & lentils stir fry (peppers, onions, mangetout & garlic) and Mackerel with mango sauce.
10. Pasta Bake (so this is in no way healthy but I believe that indulging in such foods is not a death sentence! Your body still needs carbs)
* BONUS dish- Quiche (broccoli, bacon, eggs & cheese) and avocado prawn cocktail. Learn how I made it here
I hope this has inspired you to get creative in the kitchen and to eat well and healthily! Maybe my next post on this thread will be on healthy snacks.
Till then, enjoy a healthy and fulfilled life!
Your well-being matters.